For open-channel installations, non-contact velocity measurement based on laser or radar is typically more flexible and cost-effective than physical structures such as flumes and weirs. Choosing the noncontact technology best suited to your application depends on a strong understanding of the critical differences between laser-based and radar-based flow measurement systems.
In this 45-minute presentation and interactive Q&A session, the most important considerations are discussed by open-channel flow measurement experts from Teledyne ISCO. Rick Dey and Darrell Kuta, Business Development Managers, Water Flowmeter Products, each having more than 25 years of experience in open channel flow measurement, will provide practical insights on these key topics:
• Velocity measurement technologies overview
• Surface vs. sub-surface velocity measurement
• System installation, safety concerns, and maintenance costs
• Fixed vs. portable flowmeters/loggers
• The impact of self-diagnostic capabilities on predicting preventive maintenance
• Post-installation support
From this webinar you will have a clear understanding of both technologies and the benefits of noncontact open channel flowmeters.